|Home||» Products||» Y T & Conical Strainer||» 'Y' Strainer|
These types of strainers are named after their shape and normally used for course filtration. But with large filtration area can be used with fine mesh also. Body of Y strainer is normally of cast iron or cast steel in various grades with flanged and socket weld type end connection. Fabricated Y strainers are also available. Tee strainer is fabricated from pipes & plates or standard equal tee & flange. Filter elements are made of stainless steel perforated sheet or wire mesh supported by perforated sheet. In tee type strainer many times a structural skeleton made of flats and round bar is used to support the wire mesh. Conical strainer installed in housing is generally used on suction side & named as suction strainers also. Low pressure drop, compact size, robust design and ease of maintenance are some special features of these type strainers.
STD Specification of the filter:
- Type of filter.
- Inlet outlet connection size of rating.
- Fluid to be handled.
- Viscosity of fluid.
- Fluid temperature.
- Degree of filtration.
- Working pressure.
- Maximum Allowable Pressure drop.
- Material of Construction.
- Quantity of strainer required.
Special features of these type of Strainers:
- Compact size and Low weight.
- Low pressure drop across the filter.
- Adequate strength of element and housing.
- Permits rapid servicing i.e. ease of cleaning or replacing the element.
- Low cost - Initial as well as service cost.
- Component or parts suitable for and compatible with hydraulic fluid concerned.
- Interchangeability of component with another of same type.