Flair cartridge filter are manufactured using wound or sintered filter cartridges of cellulose, ceramic, fiberglass, polypropylene nylon, bleached cotton, sinter metal cartridge which give filtration down to 0.45 micron. Pleated type filter elements made of fine wire mesh are also very popular now days Pleated Element are cleaned with suitable means and can be reused. These types of filer have proved cost effective. Cartridge filters are suitable for fine filtration only and are generally used after some kind of coarse filter in the system. These Filters are suitable for most liquid fluid or gases and are available in simplex or duplex type construction.
STD Specification of the filter:
- Type of filter.
- Inlet outlet connection size of rating.
- Fluid to be handled.
- Viscosity of fluid.
- Fluid temperature.
- Degree of filtration.
- Working pressure.
- Maximum Allowable Pressure drop.
- Material of Construction.
- Quantity of strainer required.
Special features of Flair Filters:
- Compact size and Low weight.
- Low pressure drop across the filter.
- Adequate strength of element and housing.
- Permits rapid servicing i.e. ease of cleaning or replacing the element.
- Component or parts suitable for and compatible with hydraulic fluid concerned.
- Interchangeability of component with another of same type.